Tuesday, July 29, 2014

And the Rain Came Down

The day that I attended the International Folk Art Market the skies were gray.  I boarded the shuttle that would take me to the museum where the market is held.  Just as the bus arrived at the market the rain came down in buckets.  By the time I walked from the shuttle stop to the market gate I was drenched (anything to protect the camera). I got in only to find masses of people huddled under the tents and not looking too excited to be there.  Needless to say I was one of them.

16 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Oh that's a shame but you need rain, don't you? Love this photo, it has a fresh feel to it!!!

Glad the camera was dry! ;-)

Rick Forrestal said...

Oh well . . . nothing you can do about the rain.
Your photo says it all . . .

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Those chairs will be causing some wet butts!!

Lowell said...

That's so sad. Your picture captures the poignancy of the event. Sometimes Mother Nature gets pissed off, I think!

Luis Gomez said...

Colorful shot!

EG CameraGirl said...

Take a seat, Randy! Why not sit for a spell?

TexWisGirl said...

awww. shame.

Olivier said...

ah oui, faut faire attention avant de s’asseoir ;))

VP said...

I quite love the occasional rain in summer, but it may be bad in case of open air events...

Sharon said...

Oh my, what a way to start the event.

Judy said...

That seems to be the way. We hope so much for rain but when it comes it can ruin some plans. We had a real downpour yesterday.

RedPat said...

Too bad we couldn't arrange to have it rain during the night while we are all sleeping!

Paul said...

What a bummer, your picture pretty much summes it up... Hopefully the Sun came out again right after your picture!

Sharon said...

I just saw your comment on my site. I was there for Annie Lennox too! Small world!

Kate said...

Rain or shine, I would have loved to have been there this year!!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh no Randy!Hopefully it didn't hang around too long.